>>>>

Sunday, September 17, 2017

Sharing the En Provence Love!

cathyw_enprovence
Doesn’t this look like the perfect picnic day?

And do you see what quilt is in the foreground?  Oh, this made my heart so happy!

Quilts are for making memories and should be used and loved, and washed when needed without fear of them being “too good” for every day occasions.

As I was finishing up project number 7 at my desk last night, this photo came in from Catie and I asked her if I could share it with you.

She writes:
“Hi Bonnie,Today is my granddaughter Hadley's first birthday. As you can see, the En Provence quilt was put to very good use. 
I made En Provence for her to use at the pool this past summer, thinking she needed something to crawl on (much to the horror of some guild sisters!). But, she was such a fish, she never got out of the water! 
When my daughter-in-law asked for a few quilts for a  place for a music teacher to lead a "Music & Movement" class, I knew En Provence would be used as intended. The music playtime was a great hit, and the kids were so stinking cute I could hardly stand it.  
The rest of Common Threads is at retreat this weekend in Amish Country (Berlin, Ohio), but this event was more important -- and I cant say that about many events! 
Piece!
Catie”
I love this so much!!  There is enough fabric in the stash to make more quilts if we happen to use these ones up, but what good are quilts just sitting in a pile, a closet, a cupboard, a chest – too good to use?  USE THEM!

This En Provence quilt was also tagged to my Facebook wall by Shirley!

sao_enprovence

Gloriously Orange!

She writes:
“Today I finished binding my L'Orange En Provence Quilt – hooray. This is the 2016 Quiltville Mystery designed by Bonnie K Hunter and quilted by Sara Parrish. 
THANKS BONNIE for another great design!"
I must be a southern girl - Here she gave it a beautiful French name, and right off the top of my head I called it “Orange Blossom Special!”

This is so beautiful…I just love it!  You’ve done it again, Shirley!

I love the shares that come my way, so thank you for sending them in.  It is such a joy to find them in my inbox.


Now to get that binding on! Yes, I changed my mind from what I showed yesterday – the polka dots on the other fabric were really too big for 1/4’’ finished binding.  This will do, and I love a good stripe.

I’ve heard from some who are still getting the “black box” when trying to view my videos.  Try a different browser.  I use Google Chrome and have no problem. The culprit seems to be Internet Explorer. If you want to view the videos, make a change.

You can also view them directly on my Instagram or Facebook pages.  If it is a Quilt-Cam, it will be on YouTube after the fact.

20170916_122945

Trimmed and ready to bind, on my back porch!

20170916_121359

I love this feathery texture!

I didn’t quilt this one too tightly as I wanted it to be comfortable and soft to sleep under.  Heavy quilting can be gorgeous, but also stiff as cardboard.  This is just enough.

Which brings me to NOW.  Today is the day!  Did you remember we have Quilt-Cam scheduled for 2pm Eastern on Facebook Live?

I’d love to be working on more Sugar Bowl Blocks.  I also need to get this binding sewn and ON the quilt.

So meet me in Facebook at 2pm Eastern and we’ll spend a fun hour together stitching away.

9_17_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage Sunbonnet Sue quilt found in North Carolina.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

14 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out gorgeous! I also love the feathery texture of the quilting. Looking forward to Quilt Cam. Thanks Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree that quilts are meant to be used. Years ago, I made a baby quilt for a coworker and she was so thrilled with it that she announced she would hang it on the wall. I told her to give it back if she wasn't going to let the baby use it. "But all your hard work...." So I explained--cotton fabrics, cotton batting, completely washable, yada yada. I'm happy to say that it didn't take her long to become a quilter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so agree, quilts and afghans are to be used...Several years ago I made for a friend a beautiful afghan...she never used it only to look at it sitting in a corner rocking chair (her choice). Then one summer they returned from a vacation to find their home on fire...a total loss and she never used the afghan...When I started quilting...I made for a nephew a rocking horse "cutesie" quilt, never expecting to see the quilt again...when several years later young nephew is now about 10 and having a hard time, when his mother says "Patrick, go rest". Out he comes to the TV room with his rocking horse quilt...the quilting is all gone, but oh the love that remains. Then just two years ago when this young nephew's older brother was introducing his fiancee's family to our rather large family, the niece of the prospective bride has a melt down and Patrick retrieves his quilt for her to love...Patrick is now a senior in high school! This is why I quilt...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a baby quilt for a barista at Starbucks yrs ago. When she got pregnant with her 2nd child, she asked me if I was going to make her another 'blanket' (strike two...strike one was never a thank you). I told her I was pretty busy, to which she replied "I need one to put away for good like the first one"! Strike THREE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Beth, three strikes indeed, Yesterday I delivered a cuddle quilt to my 16-month-old grandniece who is going through chemo treatment for neuroblastoma. (All prayers for her health and recovery are gratefully accepted.) I was happy when her mama declared it a beautiful work of art, but I was most thrilled when she immediately put it on the floor so sweet Addy could sit on it to see and touch the animals on it, and she left it there for Addy to play on during our visit. And she asked about laundering it, so I know she intends to let it be used. Yay. The quilt is not a Bonnie pattern, but without everything I've learned from you, Bonnie, I would have never thought to design this quilt to be everything I wanted for Addy in a cuddle quilt, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to see quilts being used and loved! I take mine when we attend outdoor concerts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hourglass quilt is absolutely gorgeous. It just sparkles! Watching it come together this past year has been great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing those En Provence quilt! I agree with your binding change for your Hourglass quilt. Looking forward to seeing the DONE photo. Happy binding!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that family for using the quilt ...isn't that why we make them.I'm ad your done quilting the hour glass quilt.Will need to watch u on the archives again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that hour glass quilt is amazing. Another one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your hourglass quilt! Now I want to make one. Thanks for all you do and share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The hourglass quilt is seriously gorgeous. I want to make one, too -- with your colors! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your hour glass Quilt is gorgeous Bonnie.
    You must be so happy that it is nearly finished except the binding.
    Love it.
    Thanks for sharing the two quilts with us they are gorgeous.
    I agree Quilts are for being used.
    Am still working on Wonky stars and love making the blocks.
    It is so relaxing.
    Happy Quilting,
    Yoka Bazilewich

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)