>>>>

Monday, August 07, 2017

A Bit More String Spider Web!

20170806_164135
Me and the Pink Ladies who traveled in for our retreat in Oelwein, Iowa this past weekend! 

Such a fun bunch!  They all were!

Oh, the groups with matching T-shirts – every day another round of Quilters Attire – so fun!

It was a short day, but let me tell you, we crammed in as much activity as we could in a short 4 hours – let those strings fly!

I shared yesterday the SIX BLACK 301s that came out to play.

This morning I wanted to share with you a couple of lovely featherweights:

20170806_095336


Whoowhoo!  This one belongs to Meliza from Texas!

20170806_095416

How about a lovely yellow number belonging to Deloris!

It’s sew fun to see what folks are sewing on.  I just love the color they bring and the ooh’s, ahh’s and smiles!


Sew, ladies, sew!

Resized_20170806_122331

Great job, girls!

I love the way new friendships are formed through activities like this.  Kathie on the left came all the way from Victoria, BC Canada in a cross-continental RV adventure with her hubby Dale!  You might remember the fun cruise stops I’ve had in Victoria, and how they once picked us up in a 1953 Cadillac Limo and toured us around, and the second time they picked us up and took us to Bouchard gardens for the day. 

This was a surprise visit and I was so happy to see them come in!  I had no idea!

20170806_162210

I’ll miss these faces!!  Until NEXT time!

You’ll find the rest of our day’s adventures in the slide show below:


Today I'm in Minnesota!

20621900_10155626756353909_301484518924317770_n

We left Oelwein about 1pm and made our way north.

20622248_10155627381328909_6287529031764788970_n

Making a stop in Northfield!

We stopped to visit reproductionfabrics.com!  Thank you to Margo for opening up on a Sunday afternoon when she wasn't feeling the best to let us in!  Yes, I did a bit of damage here!  What a cute cute town! I wished there had been more time to explore!

20170806_193811

Last night on Wayzata Bay!

And here I am! The extra bonus is that I lived in Minnetonka from Kindergarten through 2nd grade. We drove past Groveland school this evening on our way in. My inner 6 year old is smiling with the memories.

And better yet – my MOM is flying into Minneapolis today!  I won’t see her until Wednesday, but knowing that she is close makes me happy.

It’s a Scrap Crystals Day – and it’s time to get it going!

8_7_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Good morning from Minnesota! We start a new adventure with the Quilters from the Chaska area quilt Guild and surrounding France!

Have a great Monday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

7 comments:

  1. As a Pink Lady who missed out on this trip, I am so jealous right now!!! I can't wait to see you when you come to Grand Island in 2018! Blessing on your day! Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch the videos of course for the project, but also the machines, the tools, the techniques, the smiles, the environment, the shirts, the food, lol, sometimes watching it several times and the QUILTS! Oh the quilts, so beautiful....someday I will be there....thanks and hugs, Bonnie, for making every day a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Featherweights. Glad you have a visit with your MOM planned in for this trip. Have a great week back in your old stommping grounds. Lots of memories for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always happy to see all the smiling faces at your events. If the greatest gift that you can give is to help someone be happy, learn a craft and make new friends you have won hands down. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like fun was had by all. Enjoy your mom's visit. As always, thanks for sharing your fun filled life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited for today!!! Didn't get in on the classes, but looking forward to the trunk show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty machines and these spiders web quilt blocks look fabulous, must give them a try. Thank you for sharing xxx

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)